Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

2002grand Cherokee lorado drivers window and rear passenger

Customer Question

2002grand Cherokee lorado drivers window and rear passenger window quit working at same time however both passenger windows work fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It makes no noise in door when operating buttons which leads me to believe power not getting to window motors.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... I'm not sure if you have a scantool that can retrieve the codes from the DDM and PDM Drivers Door Module, but if not then the only thing you can do is roll back the cover in the door jams and check for broken wires.. It's the most common thing we see with the older WJ models.. It's usually the black wire that is broke and if so then you will need to replace the wire and not crimp or solder it where it broke because it needs to flex when you shut the door.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad