Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Pearl, My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo cooling fan is

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo cooling fan is not working. Since the relay is the easiest to get to, I opted to change it out 1st. But there is not a relay located under the passenger headlight, the holes are there but no relay. In reading on the site here, it appears that I have the high and low relay in the fusebox, which I have located. Question is, what and how can I test to see if the problem is which relay or the fan motor?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, I am a retired railroad mechanic, maybe can or can't.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just buying a relay that goes under the headlight, but finding that one is not located there
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 7 months ago.
Hi, in order to pull the correct wiring diagram oculd you tell me what engine size your jeep has and if it's 2 or***** Thanks!