sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My husbands back left turn signal was not working his friend

Customer Question

My husbands back left turn signal was not working his friend found the wire it was connected. he connected it now neither back break or tail lights work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the back tail light and break lights on both sides will not work only the turn signals. my husbands friend hooked the wire together for the back left turn signal and since then the tail and break lights will not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: making sure all wires were connected which they are
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: i was tryiong to look up what fuses when to the tail lights and break lights but havent had any luck
JA: Working tail lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are quite a few things that could cause the lights to not work, especially depending on what the vehicle is. It may be a wiring issue or a blown fuse, a module issue, possibly a failure in the integrated power module if equipped. I'm assuming that all lights worked and then stopped together.What year and model is the vehicle?