Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Pearl ive got a 93 jeep grand cherokee limited with a no

Customer Question

Hi pearl ive got a 93 jeep grand cherokee limited with a no start situation
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Fuel pump relay gets 12 volts to the control circuit an powers pump then 12 volts pop up on the pcm side that is supposed to ground and kills pump
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New pcm cps and tps checked fuel pump opereation and power as well as grounds and fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the check engine light come on with the key on? Does the TPS have a 5 volt reference with the key on?