Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I'm trying to change the brake light switch on my 99 jeep

Customer Question

I'm trying to change the brake light switch on my 99 jeep grand cherokee limited but as soon as I connect the switch. The center mount rear light turns on and stays on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was not finished replacing the switch into position and the light pops on until I disconnect it
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: So what am I doing or wrong
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: I've checked the fuse for the brake lights and it is fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. It is normal for the light to come on until you install it. Click on the link below to see the instructions. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello? where did you go?