sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Liberty: my speedomereter stopped working changed both sensors

Customer Question

my speedomereter stopped working changed both sensors and rear wire plug
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Did you check for malfunction codes . Is the Odometer still working or is this also dead .Any warning lights ON when the engine is running and any transmission issues like slamming into gear no overdrive etc . Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no transmission problems
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Any malfunction codes.is the Odometer working ,the mileage does it keep clickinhg up mileage . You can get the codes at autozone or one of ypour local parts store pepboys ryc for free. Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
odometer quite to door locks stopped as well
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The vehicle speed signal originates at the rear speed sensor and depending on build the signal either goes to the ABS module or the engine controller. Possible causes for the speedometer not working would be the sensor, wiring, or if it has ABS then it could be an issue with the ABS module.Do you have ABS?