Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Cherokee: I have a 1999 jeep cherokee.Key light is on and solid,

Customer Question

I have a 1999 jeep cherokee.Key light is on and solid, no flashing. Starter will crank motor but will not light off. Had a locksmith cut and program a new key for SKIM system. Still will not start. Does the solid light mean a fault in the SKIM system?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
If the key with a slash thru it is staying lit then yes you very likely have a bad SKIM module. Do you have a scantool to tell me the codes it has?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I do not
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
Ok at this point you will need to see what codes it has and very likely have to replace the SKIM, but if it needs replacing you will also need the scantool to program it.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad