sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Jeep Liberty: 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 with a lot of internal

Customer Question

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 with a lot of internal engine noise, clanking etc.. Not getting oil to engine but has 70 psi oil pressure. What is the best way to diagnose?

Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If it has oil pressure yet a section of the engine isn't being oiled then there is a blockage in one or more oil passages, which would usually require some amount of engine disassembly. Depending on the exact issue it may just require removal of a cylinder head.What area of the engine isn't' being oiled?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Not sure you got my follow up question.

Not sure what sections are not getting oil. Noise coming from throughout! I am just trying to decide what direction to go from here?

Pull engine and inspect .. Take off valve covers and look for oiling..or just pull engine. Someone said drain oil and replace with diesel and run for 3 to 5 min to break up sludge??

You haven't actually determined there is an oil delivery issue then?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Actually no. This is what I was told. With so much noise coming from both valve covers and front and bottom of engine I believe it is a oil delivery problem. So, if there is not oil delivery problem then you would say most definitely engine comes out? Or, if there is an oil delivery problem what can be done??

If it's making that much noise then there is little chance the engine isn't going to need to be replaced.Does it get louder with the oil cap removed?