Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I'm trying to reprogram my key that is the original key to

Customer Question

I'm trying to reprogram my key that is the original key to my 2001 jeep grand Cherokee
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My Skis light is on and my car went start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No I brought the car off of someone
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Jeep Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried reprogramming it but It don't work...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No that's it...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Do you just need the code to program your key? If so what is your VIN number? Talk soon,Brad
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would also need to know how to put the number in
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the VIN!! Ok I have the PIN code for you in the Premium Offer below... Once you accept it will show.. Also you will need a scantool to program the key.. Glad I could help and have a great weekend,Brad
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there a way to reprogram the key without a code or a scantool??...
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry but no there is no way around it.. We(Dealership) charge 55.00 to program keys..
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Are you still here?
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Do you need the code?