Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Lift gate on my 2012 overland will not open - when I use the

Customer Question

lift gate on my 2012 overland will not open - when I use the fob or pull-handle, I get a few beeps, but nothing opens
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: liftgate will not open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulling on pull-handle, opening with fob, opening with button
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: everything else is perfect
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
has there been any progress on this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just figured it out -- the glass was not fully shut - once I shut it more securely, it was fine.
Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. That is great to hear you have located the issue here.If you need anything else here let me know. Thanks Pete