Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Pearl. My wife and I own a Jeep Rental company in beautiful

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. My wife and I own a Jeep Rental company in beautiful St. John in the U.S.V.I. We have a TON of TPMS lights on and can't seem to get them to shut off, even though the pressures are all within factory recommended ranges. I read somewhere that Chrysler design the TPMS to reprogram if you drive the car 30mph or faster for at least 10 minutes. That is impossible on St. John. Do you know of any tool or trick to get these lights to shut off?
JA: The mechanics can certainly shed some "light" on this -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We have to. The only dealership close to us is on a different island, and they are not good at service.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: Too many questions. We have so many Jeeps with error codes right now it would take all day :-) I'll start with this first
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
Since the tire light is on and the pressures are correct then you have an issue. What codes are setting?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just the ! light under the "D" on the dash. I want to know if there is a tool that can diagnose which sensor is bad, or if they do all work, how can we reset the darn ! light.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
Yes you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes. I use the WiTech scantool here at the dealership to read and program tire pressure sensors. If you don't have a scantool you will need one that will read codes from the TPMS to see why the lights on. We replace more tire sensors than anything so it's most likely a bad sensor but knowing the codes will help determine for sure if it's a bad sensor. Then you will need a TPMS RF detector to determine which one is not transmitting.