chevygeorge
chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Technician for over 25 years
93784238

No heat coming out,only cold air. Had the radiator flushed

Customer Question

No heat coming out,only cold air. Had the radiator flushed x2
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: First the blower only worked on high and that was fixed,act still works. Was told by one mechanic it was a$1000 dollar problem, is that true?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Jeep Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: It only has about 73000 miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 7 months ago.
Hello. This is common on certain models. The problem does not lie in the radiator, but most likely in the heater core. The coolant can break down and produce a sediment that will plug up the smaller passages in the heater core preventing the flow of hot coolant necessary for the heater to function. It is particularly worse if any type of stop leak may have been added to the system. Sometimes you can back flush the heater core and break the sediment loose. Outside of that, a heater core replacement may be necessary.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How much should that repair cost
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When the radiator was flushed there was a lot of sediment per machanic
What is your year, model and engine?
Let me know if you need any more assistance. Please take the time to rate me, as a positive rating is the only way I get compensated for my time. George