Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,
29331485

Pearl. I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and the symbol (!) (P) came on last night and I have looked in the manual and on the net and can't get an explanation of what it means.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is nothing w
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully, I would just like to know what it is. There is nothing else going on with the jeep other than one of my driving lights are out.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.
Hi . This is your brake indicator warning light ,This could mean the brake fluid is low or the hand brake is on .check these two first if fluid is low top it up with DOT3 and check the brake pads as when fluid gets low this also indicatesbrake pads are getting thin.If fluid and pads are good check that the brake is in the down position light should go out if not then you have a problem with the brake fluid level sensor or hand brake warning switch . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.