Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Wranger Sahara Unlimited: Good day. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler

Customer Question

Good day. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I bought new in October 2014. At 27,600 miles the engine light came on so I took it to a local shop we do business with at work. It is still under warranty but I didn't want to go back to the dealership where I bought it because they are a volume dealer and they typically keep it 4 days which leaves me without a car. The diagnostic reader said it was the oil pressure switch. So I had the local shop replace it and it cost me $183.00 total with labor. At 30,000 miles the engine light came on again so I took it back to the local shop. They said it was the oil pressure switch again. They checked it out and said it was the right part and it was installed properly. The manager told me it could be the oil I am using which is what the maintenance guide recommends which is 5 W 20. He recommended with our Texas climate 10 W 30 instead so I decided I would drive it with the light on and try the heavier oil next oil change. The oil had just been changed so this means I will be driving it 5,000 miles with the light on. I will go back to them at 35,000 miles and try the heavier oil and if that doesn't work I will take it to the Jeep dealership before the 36 K warranty expires. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for your time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. usually replacing the oil pressure sensor takes care of it. But tell me what is the P code that is being set. Is it P0520? or another code? Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No clue. I will have to check with the mechanic and will let you know. Thanks.
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Ok, do that and we will go from there. Chris