sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Jeep Grand Cherokee: How serious is having problems with condenser

Customer Question

How serious is having problems with condenser and transmission fluid leaking? Can it cause permanent problems with a vehicle or is it a no biggie. Just bought a used car with less than 3000 miles and thinking about returning it. Thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 7 months ago.
depends wherethe fluid is leaking from
condenser and recharge could cost 400.00
are you there?
If the car has 3000 miles it has to be under warranty
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sry problems with the site. It is under warranty but I'm very discouraged I just know nothing about vehicles and want a second opening. Mechanic said condenser need to be replace and it is some how connected to transmission and its leaking transmission Fluid. I just bought 2 weeks ago n they r offering a diff car. I like the one I have but Not if I'm going to have future problems as I would like to keep it for a long time. Would u say it's safe to keep or exchange
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe the vehicle was sold to me with this problem. I just wouldn't know how to prove that.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I'm uncertain what happened to the expert that was helping you.If the vehicle is under warranty I wouldn't be all that concerned with the condenser needing to be replaced if it was just a part failure, but I would make sure that there isn't physical damage to it. If the vehicle was in an accident and the condenser was damaged from that but not replaced then there could be more underlying issues there. This isn't to say for sure that the vehicle is wrecked and they were/are trying to hide anything, but I couldn't verify either way without seeing the vehicle. I've replaced a handful of condensers on these for trans fluid leakage, but I haven't seen any leak at this low mileage. Replacing the condenser isn't a huge deal and just requires the bumper cover to be removed, it takes around two hours.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you for peace of mind. They said the part was defective.
You're welcome and good luck with it!