Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Wrangler: I replaced my exhaust manifold on my 97 jeep wrangler

Customer Question

I replaced my exhaust manifold on my 97 jeep wrangler se. It was working great before, minus exhaust leak, but now it wont fire up. It does turnover, but all im doing is draining the battery. On a side note, none of my gauges are working now either
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Inspect the area you had worked in for any loose or damaged electrical connections or wiring needing repaired at all or reconnected.Check for any damaged electrical components needing replaced as well.Usually this is the cause here for this type of issue needing repaired or replaced.If these check out to be o.k. check and make sure you didnt short anything out and blow out a fuse.Check all fuses and replace any found blown.If all of these are o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete