rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Grand Cherokee: My jeep has been running fine and today it

Customer Question

My jeep has been running fine and today it wouldn't start, it has a new battery
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Does the engine crank but not start or does it do nothing when you turn the key to the start position?Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It doesn't do anything
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It says service electrical brake system
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Okay good, then what we need to do next is attach a scan tool to acquire valuable information regarding any codes and pertinent data we need now.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron