roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  My knowledge of Jeeps from the early 60's till present. Love to help people with there issues.
3506196

Temperature gauge on my 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee with 5.2 engine

Customer Question

Temperature gauge on my 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee with 5.2 engine stopped working, what's the fix?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The coolant temperature gauge stopped working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No, engine has been running great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 months ago.
Hello, is guage at bottom or top ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Of engine?
Expert:  roybelding replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you still need help??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, a friend told me there are 2 sensors, one on top of block, one by water pump. The one by water pump is really had to get at. One on top is under AC lines
ok, the one at the top by the thermostat is the coolant sensor for the computer, not the gauge. the one at the bottom is the one for the gauge and unfortunately thats the one that needs to be replaced. Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I understand the job will cost like 500.00 because alternator , AC pump, fan shroud will have to be removed, is this correct?
it only pays about 1.5 hours.*****too high. I would shop around for a much better price Roy