Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Liberty: 2008 Jeep liberty will make a thunking sound like

Customer Question

2008 Jeep liberty will make a thunking sound like it is going into lower gear and then it will rev up high (4500 rpm @ 55 mph). this usually lasts a few days and it will go back to normal. Drove it approximately 800 miles between the first time it happened until the second time it happened
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. If you have a transmission issue then there should be codes in the TCM.. If you know what they are can you post them here? Also if you have a scantool can you perform a quicklearn and tell me what the CVI is for the clutch packs? Talk soon,Brad