sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My 2004 Liberty had a dead battery--it has been recharged,

Customer Question

My 2004 Liberty had a dead battery--it has been recharged, but now the alarm is going off and I do not know how to reset it.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Yes--it will start.
JA: Glad to hear that.
Customer: But starting the car does not shut off the alarm and the key fob doesn't shut if off either.
JA: How old is the battery?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: NO--it is at a mechanic now and he doesn't know what to do with either
JA: OK! The Jeep Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If you have just factory security and the system is functional there are two ways to disarm it. One would be to to press the unlock button on a functional key fob, the other would be to unlock a door manually with the key.Have either of these been tried?If so do you actually have an aftermarket alarm?