Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Hey. My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to replace the dust

Customer Question

Hey. My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to replace the dust boot on my 94 yj hut I can get the transmission shift lever off of the transmission.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I bought an inner boot before and just slid it down the shifter and transfer shifter but the hole for the shifter is too small to go all the way down so it tore. I bought another one but can't get the shifter off od
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan J replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me pictures of the shifter and the new boot?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****