Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have 97 jeep wrangler tj 2.4l ...problem code p0441 JA:

Customer Question

I have 97 jeep wrangler tj 2.4l ...problem code p0441
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: One day , I jus backed into curb and it shut off, and then it wouldn't start , after wards now whenever I put r or do it shuts off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have codes put 1899 and p0441
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for information on these codes or are you trying to diagnose this no start condition? The P0441 is an evaporative emissions code. This system basically stored fuel vapors, routes them to the engine for a cleaner burning vehicle. USually this does not cause a no start condition. If anything, the purge valve might leak fuel vapors into the engine causing a long crank condition because the engine is flooded. But this does not happen very often. I suspect this code is not going to be related to your no start condition.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Here is the definition for the P1899 code. P1899 Park Neutral Switch Performance Possible Causes P/N switch signal circuit is open or shorted to groundP/N switch ground circuit is open (at the switch mounting point)P/N switch has failedP/N switch is stuck in P/N position, or stuck in Drive positionP/N switch connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)PCM has failed
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
If the vehicle DOES NOT crank when this no start condition occurs, then yes, this code very well in fact may be related. This may be a bad park nuetral position switch preventing the engine from starting. It is located on the left hand side of the transmission.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Here is a picture.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!