Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Grand Cherokee: My gauges work as long as the door is open,

Customer Question

My gauges work as long as the door is open, if I close the door, the gauges stop working and the power windows will not work. Open the door, everything works again ???
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... The issues you have are seen quite often and the issue is you have a broken wire in your door jam and possibly more than one wire.. You will need to pull back the outside rubber boot to inspect.. And whatever you do don't solder or crimp them back where they broke, replace the wire and solder inside the vehicle at the kickpanel where the wires come in. Once you do this you will be in good shape and everything should work properly.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad