sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Wangler 1999: I. Have a 1999 wrangled. Jeep the rear brakes

Customer Question

I. Have a 1999 wrangled. Jeep the rear brakes are not holding New shoes and valve that equalixes the fluid. Front brakes are o k no air in line ?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the rear brakes are not applying correctly it could be the master cylinder, an adjustment issue, or you may have an internally collapsed hose. If the hose at from the differential to the line from the front collapses internally it will prevent proper fluid pressure from reaching the wheel cylinders.Were the shoes adjusted to slight drag the truck when turned by hand?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thinks hope this works
You're welcome!