Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

The interior lights come on while driving and the door locks

Customer Question

the interior lights come on while driving and the door locks keep locking
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have a 1998 jeep grand cherokee. The interior lights come on and go off then come on again and go off. The door locks lock and unlock at the same time. No bad fuse and what wiring I can see and feel seem to be ok.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can...
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: Oh, The battery went dead today while i had the hood and tailgate up... Replaced sway bar links front and back. The hood and tailgate light was on for 6.5 hours. Jump started the jeep and noticed the lights and locks at that time.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jeep Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out today. What is the year, and model of the Jeep? Chris