Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander and my fan blower works off and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander and my fan blower works off and on, then stops
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: no
JA: Ok. WeÂ’ll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sometimes when I start the vehicle on auto AC it would start working, but them as I get to my destination and try to start the jeep the blower would not start even on manual
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it is some simple maybe or at a mechanic shop but would like to know ahead
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no just that thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this before and it is either a poor/bad connection at the blower motor resistor block, or the blower motor itself (sticking motor brushes). Have a shop check the terminals at the resistor block under and behind the glove box. If they appear loose, or damaged, then have them repaired. If the connector and terminals appear ok, then suspect the blower motor itself and have it replaced. I hope this information is helpful, and if so would you take a minute and kindly rate my service using the rating system? If you have any follow up questions after you rate, not to worry because I will continue to assit you. Thank you! Chris Thank you
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is goingIf my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris.
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello??
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.