sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My Jeep Cherokee 2000 4.0L. Condensation is collecting in my

Customer Question

My Jeep Cherokee 2000 4.0L. Condensation is collecting in my throttle body which me a P0122/123. Initial problem no. 3 Cylinder misfire, change plus and ignition coil. The thing me puzzle is condensation in the throttle body, not just a little but enough to full up to AIS port.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Some condensation is going to be unavoidable and is almost surely nothing to worry about. Make sure your air intake system is fully intact and that you aren't using any coolant. It would be pretty rare, but if there was a combustion leak that allowed steam into the intake after the engine was shut off then it could cause what you're seeing.Condensation in the throttle body wouldn't affect the TPS though. The TPS is completely sealed from the outside as well as the throttle body. Even if the condensation was actually causing the codes, the problem is still a failure of the TPS because it should never allow anything to enter it. These codes could be a wiring issue but are most likely the sensor itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes reference 16219904-647. when say not a little condensation, my throttle filling up like a tea at idle(about 2 - 3 minutes). at times it will surge up to 3500rpm. I have little power, runs rough, and eventually shut-off, I can start it again but only if pump gas paddl
Condensation is droplets condensing while sitting. If you have water flowing that's a much deeper issue. If you remove the PCV makeup air hose from the air intake does the water stop?