Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

06 jeep running lights don't work passenger

Customer Question

06 jeep running lights don't work passenger rear I've replaced bulbs and bought whole new lens with wiring n the from jeep parts dealership and still not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else could b the issue
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
front AND rear or just one side?I will need the vin to pull a diagram pleasecan you read and follow a wiring diagram and use some basic electrical tools? like a test lamp and ohm meter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jus passenger rear
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
ok I still need the vin and your skill level please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes. Test lamp.. 1j8hh58n26c125929
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I can use it
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
looks like right and left taillamps are individually fused so check FUSE 10 in the UNDERHOOD fuse box ( there are 2 underhood fuse boxes 1 has a computer attached to it that is the one with the fuses for the tail lamps inside it if that fuse is OK (you removed it and it is NOT burnt) then you will need an ohm meter to determine if there is an open wire and where
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Took fuse out driver side went out put back in and it came back on but no change in passsenger side I'll have to go purchase meter tool
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
did you pull the fuse for the PASSENGER side or just the drivers side? remember there are fuses for BOTH sides
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If it was fuse would the brake light work and turn signal or is that a separate fuse all together
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm trying to find out if it has a shortage I don't have the manual to go by