sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My name is***** have no spark on a 96 jeep Cherokee. I changed

Customer Question

my name is***** have no spark on a 96 jeep Cherokee. I changed cps/pick up coil/cap/rotor. sometimes it will start them shut off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i had stalling problem. i changed to crank senor and it seems like it fixed the problem. it worked for a few days then stalled again. i used spark tester and it show no spark. i took apart cap/rotor/pick up coil and reinstalled and it stated. worked for a few days then no spark again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are quite a few things that will cause a lack of spark. You could have an issue with the powertrain control module, it may be a wiring issue or the ASD relay, and it's very possible that one or more of the parts replaced are still causing at least part of the issue. Aftermarket electrical parts will often cause issues.The first step in diagnosing the problem is to check for fault codes. Any issue causing a loss of spark will set a fault code and that will give a starting point for diagnosis. Do you know what codes are setting?