Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a few missfire codes on a 2002 jeep grand cherokee 4.7

Customer Question

I have a few missfire codes on a 2002 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 L po300, po301,po303 and po306
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The jeep misses at low rpm and when at idle but once you get up to freeway speeds you cant really tell the missfire is there.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I swapped out coils and cheched compression on cyl 1 and 3
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: It also has transmission codes sometimes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.
how was compression?