sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My dashboard lights, signal lights don't work. I think I have

Customer Question

My dashboard lights, signal lights don't work. I think I have a blown fuse
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: I was, but I could play it safe and have an experienced mech do it
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Do you still need help with this?Can you tell me which year, model and engine size it is?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I do...it's a 2008 Jeep commander....I was looking into it because my wipers don't work either... It's an 8 cyl
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
Ok, give me a couple moments to pull up the wiring diagrams and see what we can come up with!Is the air bag light on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
OkGive me a bit to see what I can come up with on this for you. Do the signal lights light up and not flash or no lighting at all when you turn them on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No lighting at all
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
OkLooks like it is probably fuse #8 in the large fuse box under the hod. This is a 40 amp fuse and should show as #8 either on the cover or next to the fuse. This will affect the wipers and the lighting I believe. Please check and see if it's blown and let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm checking
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm having a hard time pulling it out...I'm getting some tools
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
Sounds good!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took it out, but the car wouldn't start without it; I put it back in and the car started fine
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
lol,Ok, well that should indicate the fuse is good that's for sure.Let me have another look. It may take a few, the issues jump from one wiring diagram to another
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
any issues with the power door locks?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
I am going to open this up to the other techs, sorry I am not able to help.Please don't reply to me or they won't see it and be able to assist you.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do the headlamps and wipers work?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope
Can you disconnect the battery for about a minute, reconnect it and see if anything comes back?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It didn't work..forget it...I'm bringing it to the shop
It will take some electrical testing from that point then and a scan tool will almost surely be necessary. There is a good chance you have a bad multifunction switch.Let me know if you need any more help!