Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My cruise control in my 2008 Jeep wrangler stopped

Customer Question

***** *****, my cruise control in my 2008 Jeep wrangler stopped working. I'm trying to see what fuse I need to check.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started to only work in the mornings, for a couple weeks. Now it wont work at all. No light comes on in the dash and it wont work. I use my cruise control A LOT! Helps keep the tickets to a minimum.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, Ok, in the engine compartment fuse box, check fuse M1 and M37 - see attached for location
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The fuses are still good. My air conditioner & heat still work well. Is there anything else it could be?
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, There are several possible causes from a faulty cruise control switch, control module, TIPM, brake switch, servo, or wiring harness short or open circuit. I need to know what you have in the way of testing - scan tool with testing and command functions, digital volt/ohm meter, vacuum gage