sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Wj: I have 2003 jeep cherokee wj having trouble with sentry

Customer Question

I have 2003 jeep cherokee wj having trouble with sentry key immobilizer is engine turns over just will not start is their a fuse i can pull, have tried disconnecting battery.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** more information please:1) How do you know it is a sentry key issue? Are there any trouble codes or warning on the dash?2) Is there any previous repair history that could cause this? like has fuel filter been replaced recently?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When the electronic machine has been attached to the vehicle 'imoboliser error' is the only error that comes up. The mechanic disconnected the battery for 30 minutes then reattached the battery & the car started.
The car has a new engine with new filters.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Can you tell me trouble code number please?If you have any sentry key problem, disconnecting the battery would never help. It is not something that could be reset by unplugging the battery.You mentioned you replace the engine, did you keep original PCM?Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have the answers to these questions - really not helping
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
As I can't actually diagnose and check your vehicle, the only way to help you is to get enough input information from you.If you can not provide me with necessary details, then I can not give you correct answer.I do not want to guess and mislead you and I am not a magician to fix complex electronic issues via the internet without any input info. I am going to opt out and open your question to other experts
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the engine cranks but never starts then you don't have a SKIM issue. If there was a SKIM issue then the engine would start, run for two seconds and die abruptly as the fuel injectors are shut off. Is that actually what is happening?