Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2006 jeep commander and I need to change the knock

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 jeep commander and I need to change the knock sensors.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** diagnostic codes are you getting? Also, what size engine do you have? Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It the knock sensor code the smog guy showed me on his equipment.
P-----
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cleared the light by disconnection the battery but it comes back on after a few miles, Would spark plug change help?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Do you know the actual code number? If not, you can turn key on-off-on-off-on within 5 seconds and code should display on odometer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think it is a P0330
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
What engine do you have?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3.7 L
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
This code is for knock sensor 2, almost always means the knock sensor has failed. Spark plugs shouldn't cause this code. Here are replacement instructions for sensor. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.-https://www.dropbox.com/s/y69dfs7xxua60im/knock1.pdf?dl=0-https://www.dropbox.com/s/62elxwktcprc25b/knock2.pdf?dl=0
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do you change it?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
You need to remove the intake manifold as shown in 2nd link. It is a fairly big job, I'd consider paying a shop the 2 hours labor vs doing it yourself. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.