Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Grand cherokee: battery draining

Customer Question

battery draining
Category: Jeep
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
how quickly will it drain out and not start? how was the alternator tested?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

took it to advance auto twice to get tested

well there system only test out put voltage and amps. it doesnt test the diode. but how quickly will the battery go dead? over night a couple hours 24hrs?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

i charged battery for 36 hrs on 2 amp and the next morning it wouldn't start for my last test

the little pcm fuse is pulling 12v with everything off?

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris