Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2002 Jeep Cherokee Loredo 4.0. I have trouble

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2002 Jeep Cherokee Loredo 4.0. I have trouble starting when warm. Typically acts up after being driven and then parked for a while. Do you have any suggestions of what it could be?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** it still run fine? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Dan. No, the engine light is not on and it runs just fine for the rest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also starts right up in the morning without any issues. It just acts up after running for a while and then starting up after 1 hour or so.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you may have a weak fuel pump. It takes more pressure to start a vehicle then it does to keep it running. You can barrow a fuel pressure test gauge from parts store and check fuel pressure with key on engine off when vehicle will start then compare pressure during no start problem. If pressure is lower during no start problem replace the fuel pump. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.