Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1994 grand Cherokee limited with an intermittent code

Customer Question

I have a 1994 grand Cherokee limited with an intermittent code of service 4wd switch. Where is this switch and is it something I can service.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes as far as I can tell. What does this effect.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. The switch is mounted on the transfer case and is used to light up the 4WD lights in the instrument cluster. It is not difficult to replace and I think I can find a picture of it for you. I will be right back. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I could only find an exploded view of the transfer case for your Jeep. And it will depend on which Transfer case you have. If you have an NP 231, it is # ***** in the top picture. If you have an NP242, then it is # ***** in the bottom picture. The switch simply threads into the transfer case. I hope this information helps! Chris Here is the link to the picture: