camerontech, Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. If I do not drive the vehicle for

Customer Question

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. If I do not drive the vehicle for a day or two the battery charge level drops, and almost doesn't turn the car over to start. Battery drops charge overnight. Depending on how far, and if highway is always better charge for me, it will barely start the car.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: yes has never failed, but barely turns over sometimes
JA: Glad to hear that. How old is the battery?
Customer: 1 year new with vehicle purchase from factory
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  camerontech replied 6 months ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic will have to check a few things on your vehicle.1. the charging voltage. you should be charging at around the 13.9v to 14.6v.2.A draw in the system. THis can be achieved by using an amp clamp with a multimeter. An acceptable draw is no more than .1amps.when you turn the vehicle off, it should go into a shut down mode withing 10 mins, after this, there should be no more than the .1amp draw.if there is more, than the draw will have to be located.leaving excessive chargers, gps,and other non factory units plugged in can kill batteries, so make sure these are turned off and disconnected.3. a battery test. Load test the battery and do a internal circuit test to see of there is a problem with the battery.this is what i think is wrong with your vehicle. I think you might have an internal issue with your battery.Either way, depending on your km's, you be under warranty with your manufacture
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Is there a known bad batch of batteries from the factory? I will check the voltages and amps with my Fluke meter, no chargers are plugged in checked that already.
ive seen bad batteries right from the factory.let me know how you make out, and i am always available for follow upsplease take a moment to rate me! and i appreciate postive ratingscam
please take a moment to rate me!as it is important to my page.thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!cam