eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field
6149662

My name is ***** *****, i came off freeway 2003 jeep wrangler

Customer Question

hi , my name is ***** *****, i came off freeway 2003 jeep wrangler died and wont start had it towed home....HELP
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really just died and now wont start . it did sound funny like high idle when started at first yesturday but i turned it off and restarted and funny noise gone , i,,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
any codes? is it getting spark?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not sure abot code..spark? it does want to turnover but wont. is that what u mean by spark?
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
what happens when you turn the key to crank it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
like it wants to start but not getting gas, but when ingnition is on you can hear fuel pump in tank hummmming
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS JUST A SCAM TO GET MORE MONEY, YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN ME ONE BIT OF INFO I CAN USE TO FIX MY JEEP.
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.SparkFuelCompression All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition