Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Jeep owner, Shop owner

I bought a used 2007 Jeep Liberty and tried to install new

Customer Question

I bought a used 2007 Jeep Liberty and tried to install new audio reciever but a previous owner chopped out the factory wire harness and I don't what wires go to what
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jeep Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
hello, there were several different radio options and wirings, what are you doing? putting factory radio back in or an aftermarket?, once we have this? the next thing would be for you to maybe send the colors of the wires that got cut.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am trying to install an after market kenwood radio
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The wires that got cut: dark green with black line x2red wire x2Pink and yellow wire
Orange and grey wire
Blu and grey wire
Green and blue wire
Green wire
well. still no way for me to know what kind of unit was there originally, How many speakers? what wire feeds do you need to hookup your new unit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Two tweeters, front left right, rear left right, so 6 speakers.
ok, some of these may not be used but here is the full link to all the wire colors and what they control. examples is the pink/yellow is key on power, reds are 12 volts all the time. dark green wire is Lf speaker and so on, You will have to review this chart and use the wires you need
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** take a look and get back to you.
ok, this chart lists all the wires so you should have everything to hookup your unit as I dont know what feeds it requires, they all are different
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Followed the chart but still got miswiring error on the aftermarket radio. Probably will have to take it to a pro.
dunno, only way for me to see where the error is? I need all the wire colors to the unit, and what each wire does