Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

When adjusting the drivers seat, it squeals. Not muck to

Customer Question

when adjusting the drivers seat, it squeals.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The GM Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not muck to tell. Seat automatically adjusts when key is inserted and it squeals while it is moving.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. I put some grease on what I think is the traveling rail and it seemed to help a little but not long.I
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I greased the rail as far as I could reach.
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: No.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. The seat track assembly may have a motor cable that is failing and causing the squeal. If you have the tools and patience, I recommend removing the seat from the vehicle and then lubricating all 3 cables and track assembly. If it still squeals, then it could be the motor and if that is the case the seat adjuster/ track assembly will need to be replaced.

I hope this information helps,

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if you did not receive it.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!