Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My name is ***** *****. My issue is with a 93 Jeep wrangler

Customer Question

Hi Mark. My name is ***** *****. My issue is with a 93 Jeep wrangler 4.0
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, recently I had my jeep in a shop for some fab work when I got it back, I noticed it had to crank for a while before it started. Shortly afterwards while driving it started bucking/popping. Sounding like it was backfiring through the exh manifold. This happens from 2d gear on at around 1500-2000 rpm. There is almost a complete loss of power during this as well. I've replaced tps, plugs, cap and rotor and have a new battery with Clean connections.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done yet is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model here to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.It may be a fault with a failing fuel pump causing this fault here needing replaced.I have seen the fuel pump fail/act up in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this should be done to see if this is a weak pump needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete