Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2009 Wrangler sahara unlimited 4D. When I turn the

Customer Question

HI...***** *****...So I have a 2009 Wrangler sahara unlimited 4D. When I turn the car on, it starts but the wipers come on but it will not come out of park
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car starts, the wipers come on and I can't get the car out of park
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Sounds like a failing TIPM (electronic fuse box). The TIPM contains electronic circuits to manage and control many of the Jeep's electrical systems. It may need to be replaced. But before you have it checked, try this: disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. Let me know if that fixes it.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the Jeep.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.
Hello? Do you still need help with your problem?Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris