Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Fee do you keep trying untill it is running?

Customer Question

for the fee do you keep trying untill it is running?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

Each expert is different, but we typically keep trying until the customer is satisfied with our response.

What's going on with your jeep?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
crank but no start, new pcm, no voltage at coil, fule pump not coming on
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

Let's try the following tests to eliminate the coil as a possibility. (Forgive me if I'm suggesting things that have already been done.)

1. Test for B+ to the Dark Green/Orange wire at the coil while cranking.

2. If OK, connect a hot test light to coil negative and see if it flashes when cranking. If it does, the coil is faulty.

3. If no flash, try an Automatic Test Mode (ATM) test with a scan tool to fire the coil. Some scan tool may not perform this test but if it works, it eliminates a problem with the PCM, the coil and the related wiring.

4. If no flash, check the wire between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the negative terminal of the coil connector.

5. If the driver in the PCM has failed, check the resistance of the coil primary. It should be about 1 ohm. Do not use a coil with less than 0.9 ohms.