Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My name is ***** ***** and my 2004 jeep is having electrical

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and my 2004 jeep is having electrical issues with the windows.... I had a problem like this before with the same vehicle but when I started the jeep the gauges would work then go to nothing... I traced it down to the passenger door harness when I disconnected it from the hinged area I got all my power back in my gauges and windows on drivers side... fast forward I plugged the quick disconnect back together on passenger side and all was well for about four months now I'm having the same problem but when I disconnect I get them back again... the only difference is this time none of my windows work and the rear passenger side is down... I pulled back the boot and found two broke wires in the passenger side so I figured that was the problem I spliced them back together and still I have no power in any of the windows... I checked the main 50 amp fuse under the hood and It looks ok I thought maybe I blew it by shorting it out with the wires.... before this window went down in the back I had power to all four windows now I have nothing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: would one wiring harness stop all windows from working I also have a code that popped up that says there is a problem with the way the vehichle is communicating back and fourth that's why I am loosing my gauges when plugged in on passenger side i can not find a new wiring harness for this jeep i even went to a jeep dealer and they couldn't help me they said to splice it but it is so close to where the quick disconnect is that i can not splice it... its a nine prong quick disconnect style
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out today. I have seen broken wires in the driver's door rubber boot that may be your problem this time, so check that next.Chris