bill, jeep master tech
Experience:  25 years with jeep drivability and electrical expert

I want to put a tch on a Jeep 2016 75th Edition Sahara, do I

Customer Question

I want to put a hitch on a Jeep 2016 75th Edition Sahara , do I need to remove the rear bumper and how do I do it. Thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 7 months ago.

Good morning, the bumper does not have to come off to install the hitch. There is enough room between the frame and bumper to install the bolts from the side opposite the bumper and the nuts on the bumper side of the frame. The video HERE shows it pretty well.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The answer you gave me is not right the 75th Anniversary Edition Edition has a different type of bumper it's tight against the frame
Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

may I have the full vin and brand of hitch please

Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

an OEM hitch bolts to the rear bumper impact bar and DOES NOT require bumper cover removal as it sits UNDER the cover, it DOES NOT MATTER if it's a "anniversary edition" or not the anniversary edition is simply a trim package and uses the same rear cover as a non anniversary edition it's just painted differently, now a NON OEM hitch may mount differently hitch is why I need the vin of your jeep and the make of hitch you're installing