Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have a 96 grand cherokee---the passenger seat is fine but

Customer Question

I have a 96 grand cherokee---the passenger seat is fine but the drivers seat gets no power, none of the motors turn...relays in side interior panel seem there a fuse?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. The same circuit breaker protects the power circuits for both seats.

I'm sure I can provide you with the necessary technical knowledge to diagnose and repair this issue. Thing is, since I'm not physically there with my tools, my knowledge won't mean anything unless you have basic tools including a multimeter and the skills to use them. Do you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
now the seat back gets power and the seat will go up and down, but not back and forth
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Then you need to check the horizontal motor under the seat. It is easier if the anchor bolts are removed so the seat can be manipulated as needed to get access to the motor connector and wiring.

There should be two wires going to that motor; one Yellow/Light Blue and the other Red/Light Blue. As the switch is pushed in either direction, one the wires should have power while the other one should have ground.

Please check and let me know what you find.