sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ 6Cylinder inline 6speed manual, 70k

Customer Question

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ 6Cylinder inline 6speed manual, 70k miles...stock differentials and axils...malfunction while going around right hand curve slight back end drift slight loss of control. I pulled off road because something felt wrong, visual inspection nothing detected and no audible noises, I drive slower and next curve left hand turn complete 180 spin out of control and only going 20 to 30mph drove home less then 10 mph no noises or problems
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A complete inspection of the rear suspension will need to be done to check for loose components. A damaged or worn control arm bushing will cause a loose feel in the rear but I expect the problem is with the track bar. The track bar goes between the frame and differential housing to control the differential's position left and right and keep it centered to the frame. A loose track bar bushing will allow the differential to move left and right independently of the frame to an extent. In rare cases I've even seen a track bar mount bracket break free at one end or the other which would cause a very loose feel.