sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 04 jeep liberty and it sat a month and just got it

Customer Question

Hi I have a 04 jeep liberty and it sat for about a month and just got it back with a bad batt I took my jump pack to it this morning jumped it and ran for about 5 second and died than their was nothing. So I bought new batt and still nothing so I put push botton. To jump the starter and it cranks but no fuel and no spark and no fuel gauge blows fuse 38 when I turn the key I never had any problems until now
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have the SKIM system you wouldn't be able to start the engine with a button.

If the engine died and starter will not engage then the powertrain control module most likely isn't awake. This could be due to a loss of power or ground to it or an internal failure.

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?

Have you checked for scan tool communication with the PCM?