Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Bernarrd, I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee, it starts fine but

Customer Question

Bernarrd, I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee, it starts fine but after a few minutes it misses and loses power
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The check engine light comes on when it starts missing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

Is the check engine light on and of so what codes are showing? Have you checked the fuel psi?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The check engine light is on but no codes are showing and the fuel psi is fine. The problem only happens at idle and its intermittent. We also changed the coil pack but still having the same problem. The tach jumps on idle intermittently.
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

If the check engine light is on you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes so you will know what the PCM is seeing wrong. It could be as simple as a sensor such as the crankshaft sensor but again we won't know until you retrieve the codes. Once you do post the codes here so I can better help you get it fixed..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your help the problem is solved. The crank sensor was loose. I would like to know what the factory idle setting is in park for the same jeep.